New York Life Insurance Company
White Plains, NY, United States
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses Be Good At Life. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams supporting agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
• Fielding of inbound calls from agents in regards to life products and identify selling opportunities.
• Make proactive sales calls on a daily basis with existing representatives to strengthen relationships and find selling opportunities.
• Work closely with the Life Consultants to develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territorial sales.
• Become a specialist in New York Life insurance products.
• Identify and convert dormant responsibilities into producing representatives.
• Utilize New York Life databases to create and maintain representative profile levels and data on current and proposed sales activity.
• Assist in training of new associates.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Prior insurance or investment sales experience a plus.
• Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must have strong relationship building skills.
• Must be a detail-oriented, well organized and self-starter with high energy and creativity.
• Must be able to obtain Series 6 and 63 licenses within 60 days.
• Proven ability to pay attention to detail and multitask.
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
New York Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.newyorklife.com/