Mutual of Omaha Insurance
Omaha, NE, United States
Jun 30, 2020
Oct 13, 2020
Mutual of Omaha is HIRING and WE are interested in talking to YOU! Join forces with a company that can amplify your strengths and empower your career. Apply Now!
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
In an environment where continuous improvement is sought after by everyone, every day, Mutual of Omaha's Information Service operation seeks individuals who are technically proficient, highly engaged, passionate, creative, innovative, and flexible. This position will play an integral part of a dynamic group that provides value for our customers by leveraging technology to innovate solutions and transform processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
BE A LEAN-AGILE LEADER
Act as an enabler for the teams, ultimately responsible for adoption, success, and ongoing improvement of Lean-Agile development. Teach, empower, and engage individuals and teams to reach their highest potential.
Lead the Change
- Steer the organization toward Lean and Agile behaviors, habits, and results. Demonstrating an urgency for change, communicate the need for the change, build a plan for successful change, understand and manage the change process, and address problems as they come up. Be a change agent and take a system view of the transformation.
Know the Way; Emphasize Lifelong Learning
- Create an environment that promotes learning. Encourage team members to build relationships with Customers and Suppliers and expose them to other worldviews. Strive to learn and understand new developments in Lean, Agile, and contemporary management practices. Create and foster formal and informal groups for learning and improvement (Communities of Practice).
- Employ a Lean leadership style that focuses on developing skills and career paths for team members rather than on being a technical expert or coordinator to tasks. Create a team jointly responsible for success. Learn how to solve problems together in a way that develops peoples capabilities and increases their engagement and commitment. Respect people and culture.
Inspire and Align with Mission; Minimize Constraints
- Provide missions and vision, with minimum specific work requirements. Eliminate demotivating policies and procedures. Understand the power of self-organizing, self-managing teams. Create a safe environment for learning, growth, and mutual influence.
- Establish a decision-making framework. Empower others by setting the mission, developing people, and teaching them to problem-solve. Take responsibility for making and communicating strategic decisions - those that are infrequent, long lasting, and have significant economies of scale. Decentralize all other decisions.
Unlock the Intrinsic Motivation of Knowledge Workers
- Create an environment of mutual influence. Support Lean-Agile principles and values. Provide purpose and autonomy; help workers achieve mastery of new and increasing skills.
Exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership as described above and:
Personnel and Team Development
Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
Helps build high performance teams
Perform career counseling and personal development.
Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making.
Participate in defining and administering compensation, benefits, and promotions.
Eliminate organizational impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
Evaluate performance, including team input; provide input, guidance, and corrective actions
Serve as coach and advisor to Agile.
Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager; stay far enough away to let them problem solve on their own.
Help develop, implement, and communicate the economic framework.
Participate in Inspect and Adapt workshops.
Help protect teams from distractions and unrelated or unnecessary work.
Assist with planning, demos and retrospectives.
Build partnerships with Suppliers, subcontractors, consultants, partners, and internal and external stakeholders.
Provide other resources as necessary for teams and ARTs to successfully execute their Vision.
Work with engineers and system stakeholders to help ensure alignment and effective execution of Strategic themes.
Continuously assist in in aligning teams to the system mission and vision.
Create an environment where the facts are always friendly.
Provide freedom and safety so individuals and teams are free to innovate, experiment, and even fail on occasion.
Communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
Value productivity, quality, transparency, and openness over internal politics and/or waste.
Understand, teach, or sponsor technical skills development in support of high-quality code, components, systems, and Solutions.
Understand, support, and apply Agile Architecture.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500 company
Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
Dont live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance
Website : http://www.mutualofomaha.com