Brenham, TX, United States
Germania is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under general supervision, accepts or declines offerings of new and renewal commercial lines business submitted by producers including all lines of business.
Rate and place business for entire team with online rating programs for various markets. May manage book rolls from markets or agents.
Evaluates risk according to the underwriting guidelines and susceptibility to damage due to nature, location of property, operations, physical and moral hazards involved, and underwriting precedent and prior loss experience.
Performs customer service duties including, but not limited to, responding to general questions and inquiries for the Commercial Lines of business assigned.
Checks information received concerning risks – inspection reports, MVR’s, CLUE, photos, and agent advisories.
Recommends risk improvements as indicated. Reviews and takes appropriate action on binders and delinquent reports.
Refers more complex and unusual risks and risks exceeding their underwriting authority to commercial underwriter.
Assists agents in determining appropriate coverage for submissions. Determines appropriate pricing for exposure.
Prepares new business quotes for both manually rated and automated lines of commercial business.
Performs other related duties as directed.
1. Must have a minimum of twelve months prior Property Casualty insurance experience or have insurance industry job experience comparable to this position.
2. Must have a basic knowledge of coverage for Business Auto and Commercial General Liability.
3. Must have a basic knowledge of Business Auto and Commercial General Liability terms and forms.
4. Must have a basic knowledge of rating elements for Business Auto and Commercial General Liability.
5. Exhibit ability to evaluate property risk by:
6. Exhibit the ability to read, comprehend, and explain written instructions in all Commercial Lines manuals and rulebooks.
7. Exhibit ability to evaluate business automobile risk through:
a) Motor Vehicle Record.
b) Vehicle inspection forms.
c) Age of the vehicle.
d) Age and experience of operators.
e) Use and type of the vehicle.
f) CLUE reports.
8. Exhibit ability to evaluate casualty business by:
a) Type of insured.
b) Business activities.
c) Premium base.
d) Identifying hazards normal to the business activities of the insured.
e) Identifying exposures to assure proper premium.
9. Exhibit ability to communicate effectively by:
a) Listening to others and understanding their points of view.
b) Keeping others informed on matters affecting them.
c) Expressing thoughts (oral and written) so they are understood.
10. Exhibit self-control by remaining calm under conditions of stress.
11. Exhibit knowledge of technical tools including but not limited to:
a) Word Processing applications.
b) Electronic mail.
c) Statistical reports.
12. Exhibit ability to effectively work within a team by:
a) Being able to listen to other’s points of view.
b) Displaying good communication skills.
c) Not displaying or verbalizing resentment toward the job or the company.
d) Co-operating with others.
13. Ability to set priorities and schedule work.
14. Bilingual is a plus