Boston, MA, United States
Sentry is seeking an experienced self-motivated and results driven individual to fulfill a highly skilled position as a Territory Manager for our National Accounts Division. As the Territory Manager for Sentry, you’ll work with brokers and agents in a defined territory to create Sentry awareness and generate new business submissions. You’ll be the team leader in the sales of loss sensitive casualty business to National Account clients with premiums in excess of $500,000.
What You'll Do
The Territory Manager will be responsible for all broker and client relationships in the territory, consisting primarily of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and upstate New York.
The ideal candidate will reside in Boston, MA or Hartford, CT and travel regularly to meet with brokers, clients, and prospects. As the team leader you’ll work closely with our Underwriting associates in order to obtain/retain large individual commercial accounts.
• Solicit accounts through selected brokers or in response to inquiries from prospective clients.
• Work with Underwriting, Loss Control, and Claims to determine acceptability of the risk and services needed.
• Serve as the primary contact with assigned accounts and their brokers.
• Collaborate with the appropriate functional units to provide exceptional service to your accounts.
• Deliver and present proposals to brokers and prospective clients and discuss Sentry advantages and differentiators.
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience with National Accounts Casualty business.
• Experience with Sales and Underwriting of large Risk Management, loss sensitive program structures.
• 5-8 years of experience with an insurance carrier, commercial agency or brokerage preferred.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the drive to be a top performer.
• Exceptional communication, organization and selling skills.
• Ability to travel extensively (5-7 nights per month) and have a valid driver’s license and ability to have and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle report.
• Required to have primary residence within your sales territory.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
to reward you for your hard work every day.
Generous Paid-Time Off
Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent
, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
Extensive Work-Life Resources
to lend a helping hand.
Volunteer Time Off
so you can dedicate time to the community.
Sentry Foundation gift matching program
to encourage charitable giving.