Walnut Creek, CA, United States
ALLIANT INSURANCE SERVICES CAREERS
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS CONSULTANT
Employee Benefits Walnut Creek, California
With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Position may be located in San Francisco, CA or Walnut Creek, CA.
Responsible for meeting international benefit needs for clients using a consultative, risk focused approach.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops international benefits programs and advises on strategic decisions for global benefits;
* Reviews insurance contracts and policies to ensure best practices and compliance with local laws and regulations;
* Prepares employee communication strategy, in concert with local affiliates, to affect changes or establish new benefit plans;
* Establishes ongoing administrative procedures, including assistance with employee enrollments and claim resolution/services;
* Organizes local quotes for insured programs with the most favorable terms and lowest costs from insurers;
* Consults with clients on the management of local brokers/consultants and renewals, including evaluation and negotiation with carriers and remarketing;
* Prepares and participates in external presentations to prospective clients and strategic partners as part of overall marketing program;
* Some domestic travel may be required;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Insurance preferred
Minimum of 5 years post-graduate progressive experience in international benefits/consulting
Experience working with multinational pooling rating models, expatriate programs and local and third country nationals
Knowledge of Group Life, Medical, Disability, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment plans
Valid Insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Strong problem solving and time management skills
Ability to use prudent judgment and discretion in handling confidential client information
Ability and motivation to work independently
Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point and Excel
Flexibility to work at various times of the day or night
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the Submit Resume button.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please **** and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email
Apply Back to Current Openings
Powered by Jobvite
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.