Winston Salem, NC, United States
POSITION: Data Analyst II
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC (near Wake Forest University)
Responsible for working with database developers in analysis, testing and documenting database processes, routines, and applications based off of detailed specifications. Work closely with developers to solve complex data challenges to resolve business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Assist in gathering and refining business, data, and system specifications from business users and translate to data developers and architects
* Read, understand, and troubleshoot coded computer instructions and how that translates into data
* Test coded database program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors in processing
* Validate data generated from data packages and routines to ensure data accuracy
* Review test results with users, creates program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
* Analyze issues and reports to lead team members to assist in decision making process
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 3 years of experience in one or more of the following skill sets: SSIS, SSRS, ETL data analysis
* Basic knowledge of Structured Query Language
* Growing interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Ability to work in an open and geographically diverse team environment
* Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
* Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
* Growing ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance
* Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Demonstrated openness for learning, growth, coaching by peers and more senior level teammates
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent education, training and work-related experience in a data services related field
* Work-related experience in a data services related field
* Experience with relational databases
* Good time management skills
* Understanding/knowledge of Insurance industry
* Ability to translate detailed program specifications into coded computer instructions with guidance
* Ability to create and/ or modify programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements with guidance
Job posting ID: 2019-2863
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please ****.
Apply Not ready to Apply*