Sentry Insurance Groups
Stevens Point, WI, United States
At Sentry, we realize that getting valuable, hands-on experience is important for you and your career. We offer a great opportunity to partner your ongoing education with a highly successful and well compensated job all while actively enrolled in college. Our co-op program is designed to provide you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in your major while working in our downtown Stevens Point office.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Sentry’s Stevens Point Co-op, the Information Security Analyst will work closely with experienced Security Analysts to manage vulnerabilities, monitor Sentry systems for security breaches and respond to incidents. Members of Sentry’s Information Security team are essential to protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of Sentry information and information systems.
- Work hand-in-hand with industry professionals on systems/projects across Sentry
- Learn and develop skills in systems monitoring and response, application security, intrusion detection, measuring risk, and more
- Be asked to contribute to the security architecture and engineering activities occurring as we deploy and secure new technologies company wide. This includes cloud-based initiatives, networking infrastructure, and application design and review.
- Build skills in advance and/or beyond what you receive in general coursework
What it Takes
• Are a current full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree
• Majoring in Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics or a related field.
• Have an interest in learning about how data breaches happen and what organizations can do proactively stop them.
• Have an interest in building and managing security solutions that are complex in nature and critical to the success of a large organization.
• Have the ability to work between 12-19 hours per week during the school year with a minimum of 2-3 hour increments
• Have the ability to work 40 hours per week in the summer
• Our Co-Op provides opportunities for associates to meet challenges head-on. As such, our top candidates are curious, hardworking and always looking to improve. Our Co-Op students typically possess and maintain a GPA of 2.70 or higher
• Sentry does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
to reward you for your hard work every day.
401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent
, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
Extensive Work-Life Resources
to lend a helping hand.
Volunteer Time Off
so you can dedicate time to the community.
Sentry Foundation gift matching program
to encourage charitable giving.
Sentry Insurance Groups
Website : https://www.sentry.com/