Albany, NY, United States
For more than 30 years, CDPHP has been providing outstanding health care coverage in the Capital Region of New York and beyond. Based in Albany, NY, the physician-guided not-for-profit offers plans in 24 counties. CDPHP cares deeply about the health and well-being of its members as well as its employees. The company values integrity, diversity, and innovation, and its corporate culture supports those values wholeheartedly. At CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are encouraged to make an impact at both the company and community levels through engagement and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP invests in employees who share these values and invites you to be a part of that experience.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the portfolio planning and execution throughout the portfolio lifecycle, including: defining goals, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the vision, promoting the portfolio, and working closely with sales, marketing, medical affairs, and operations to ensure goals are met. Responsible for expanding and promoting products, programs, and value added services CDPHP offers to attract target customers, increase consumer engagement, and promote healthier lifestyles. Develop and execute the marketing plans that promote these programs.
* Bachelor s degree required. 7 years relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
* Minimum number years of relevant experience: 3
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product and/or Promotional Manager or related position is required.
* 2 years of experience in the health insurance market preferred.
* High level analytical skills required. Experience working with heath care data preferred.
* Experience working with regulatory bodies preferred.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority is required.
* Understanding of the product development life cycle, including product/market strategy, product infrastructure planning and management, and product design/development is required.
* Extensive working knowledge of systems capabilities, operating units and departmental functions required to assess product administration capabilities is required.
* Highly developed problem solving abilities as they relate to program implementation is required.
* Ability to effectively lead workgroups in the implementation of new programs is required.
* Ability to present product training and knowledge to diverse internal and external audiences is required.
* Demonstrated ability in drafting contracts and writing business correspondence that exhibits appropriate grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure is required.
* Microsoft Office applications for Windows required.
* Strong communication and public speaking skills required.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.