Columbus, OH, United States
(Title of immediate supervisor) Operations Division Manager I or II or Service Team Unit Manager
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
1. Processes business in accordance with government regulations, contract provisions, and internal procedures and controls.
2. Maintains current knowledge of contract and product provisions, administration of Nationwide products, processing systems, and related federal and state regulations.
3. Provides quality customer service by demonstrating and understanding customer needs and emphasizing timely responses.
4. Researches and corrects errors.
5. Maintains all documents, information and applications for the unit.
6. Prepares letters and other correspondence as directed by the underwriter.
7. Records, stores, analyzes, retrieves and/or prepares information related to product line.
8. Prepares reports and special analysis within prescribed guidelines. Participates in special projects as needed.
9. Provides prompt and thorough responses to internal and external inquiries.
10. Orders and maintains all information or inventory related to product area.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
Job Requirements :
High school studies. Undergraduate studies desirable. Participation in technical coursework such as LOMA, CLU, ChFC desirable. NASD series 6 and/or 26 preferred, and may be required based on assigned product/line-of-business or distribution system.
One year work experience with product-related customer service work experience preferred. Work experience with undergraduate studies preferred.
General office practices, customer service, and office equipment. Information systems and insurance/financial services industry practices (i.e. annuities, mutual funds) preferred. Basic mathematics, familiarity with office filing systems and record keeping procedures, and problem-solving techniques.
Ability to prioritize own work within standards.. Effective written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, team members, and management. Decision making skills necessary for customer contacts. Ability to identify and evaluate problems and analyze customer inquiries and determine the appropriate action. Proven ability to operate a CRT and PC.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements :
Normal office environment. Normal office environment (high volume of telephone calls, extensive CRT usage) with minimal physical requirements. Must be available to work overtime (non-exempt position) outside of regular office hours as needed and Nationwide holidays that the New York Stock Exchange is open.
Additional Job Description